With the rise of industrialization in the 18th and 19th centuries, a new type of furniture emerged – industrial modern furniture. This style is characterized by its use of simple, clean lines, natural materials, and neutral colors.
Industrial modern furniture has a distinctly rustic feel that can add a unique touch to any home décor. If you are looking to incorporate this style into your home, here are a few tips to get you started!
What is industrial modern furniture?
Industrial modern furniture is a type of furniture that is constructed to resemble pieces from industrial factories. These items are designed to have a raw, vintage feel. They are usually made of reclaimed wood and steel, and often have a bare-metal look. This style of furniture is becoming increasingly popular due to its unique look and ability to provide a touch of industrial charm to any home.
The pieces of industrial modern furniture have a timeless quality that can complement any home’s décor. The furniture can be used to bring a rustic touch to a contemporary décor, add a unique style to a traditional home, or simply be a stand-alone statement piece.
Most pieces of industrial modern furniture are designed to be simple and functional. They are designed with a minimalist look which can help to reduce the look of clutter in a home. The use of organic materials such as wood and metal also help to ensure that the pieces age gracefully over time.
Industrial modern furniture and your home
Incorporating industrial modern furniture into your home décor is relatively easy to do. To make the process simpler, here are a few tips on how to make the most out of your furniture:
- Choose pieces with a combination of wood and metal elements. This combination has a timeless and inviting aesthetic that won’t detract from the overall look of your home.
- Place pieces strategically to emphasize their industrial texture. For instance, putting an iron-framed modern coffee table in the center of the room will draw attention to the piece and add an industrial-style focal point.
- Balance the pieces with softer materials and accents like pillows and throws. Adding a few comfortable touches can help to add warmth to an industrial look.
- Include pieces of industrial modern furniture strategically throughout the home. Adding items to the living room, bedroom, and kitchen can help to provide an industrial touch without going overboard.
By following these tips, you can easily bring a unique and stylish industrial modern look to your home.
Industrial modern furniture in the living room
When it comes to living room design, industrial modern furniture can provide the perfect blend of warmth and style. There are several pieces that provide elegance and utility to any room. Here are five ways to incorporate industrial modern furniture into the living room:
- Coffee Table – Create a stunning focal point with a metal and wood coffee table. It will instantly add a modern touch and blend in nicely with the other furniture pieces.
- Accent Chairs – Upholstered chairs can bring a touch of comfort to the room. Choose from a variety of styles that will provide visual interest and texture.
- Storage Poufs – These poufs provide a modern look with utility. They can double as coffee tables and storage units. You can use them to store books, magazines, and other small items.
- Bar Cart – An industrial modern bar cart will instantly add a touch of style to the living room. It will also provide great storage for your wine, spirits, and barware.
- Lighting – The right lighting is an important element to setting the right atmosphere. Choose classic and vintage industrial lights for a warm and inviting living room.
Industrial modern furniture in the dining room
The dining room is a great place for the modern industrial look to shine! Here are six ways to incorporate industrial modern furniture into the dining room:
- Dining Table – A metal and wood dining table can be the centerpiece of your dining room. This style of table will lend a modern industrial feel to the room.
- Chairs – Look for chairs with industrial elements, such as exposed frames and raw materials. You can also opt for bench seating to maximize the space.
- Dining Bench – For a modern look, a metal and wood bench can provide extra seating without taking up too much space.
- Storage Containers – Use functional storage containers to store dishes and utensils. The containers should complement the industrial look of your dining room.
- Lighting – Install stylish industrial lighting to provide an ambient feel. Consider installing pendant lighting with exposed bulbs and raw-material finishes.
- Wall Art – Incorporate wall art with industrial elements. Choose prints with industrial structures or modern abstract pieces.
Industrial modern furniture in the bedroom
The simplest way to add industrial modern furniture to the bedroom is to incorporate a piece of furniture with a combination of metal and wood elements. An iron-framed bed can be a great option in providing a foundation for the room as well as adding a dash of industrial style.
When choosing furniture for the bedroom, it’s important to keep functionality in mind. Adding a nightstand with lots of storage can be a great way to keep bedroom clutter-free. You can find plenty of industrial modern nightstands that will fit your bedroom aesthetic.
For more warmth, add a few other pieces of industrial modern furniture that provide comfort and softness. An armchair or ottoman serves as a multi-functional piece that can be used for seating or additional storage. You can also incorporate a shaggy rug to soften up the look and add some texture and warmth to the space.
By following these tips on how to incorporate industrial modern furniture into the bedroom, you’ll be able to create a look that is unique and stylish.
To wrap things up
Once you have your industrial modern furniture in place, you will need to add the finishing touches to complete the look. Here are tips to help you wrap it all up:
- Use Neutral Colors – Choose neutral colors such as shades of gray, brown, and black to tie your industrial modern furniture together.
- Mix and Match Textures – Incorporate soft furnishings such as linens and plush throws to add warmth and texture to the hard lines of the furniture.
- Layer Rugs – Layer rugs in different sizes and colors to break up the space and give it a cozy feel.
- Add Plants – Houseplants are a great way to add life to your space. Choose plants that can survive in low-light and warm, dry environments.
- Look for Unique Accessories – Look for unique accessories such as industrial lighting, wall art and interesting bookshelves to add character and personality to the space.